Company Name: City of Joburg
The City of Joburg Municipality invites suitably qualified South African Youth to apply for their Bursaries for the 2024 academic year. The closing date for applications is the 15th November 2023
The City of Johannesburg Municipality is committed to provide skills development and educational opportunities, not only for its employees, but also for the Johannesburg community members.
The city is offering 200 bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science Information Management
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction, Inspectors)
- Health (All Fields)
- Commerce International Relations and Protocol
- Community Services Legal
- Curatorial Studies Logistics
- Emergency Management Services/Disaster
- Engineering (All Fields) Monitoring and Evaluation
- Environmental Management Municipal Governance
- Finance (All Fields) Quantity Surveying
- Geo Information Science Real Estate (Property management, Property Valuation)
- Information Technology (All Fields) Town and Regional Planning
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- Applicants should not be in receipt of any other grants/bursaries/any form of funding for study purposes.
- The bursary is for qualifications of no less than one year.
- The bursary is not applicable for postgraduate qualifications.
The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission at a tertiary institution.
THE BURSARY COVERS:
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R40 000,00 per academic year.
Certified copies of the following must accompany applications:
- Most recent academic record.
- South African Identity Document.
- Proof of residency in Johannesburg (statement of Water & Lights, Rates & Taxes).
- Parents proof of income/death certificate(s) affidavit in cases where the student does not have one or both parents
Enquiries: Billy Baloyi Tel No: (011) 407 6979
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below: