Location: South Africa
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: 12 Months
Company Name: Department of Tourism
The Department of Tourism invites suitably qualified Unemployed South African Youth to apply for their Tourism Safety Monitor Programme. The closing date for applications is the 10th November 2023
The Department of Tourism hereby invites applications from interested candidates to be part of the Tourism Monitors Programme for a period of twelve (12) months. Candidates are encouraged to only apply to municipalities and establishments within their residential local areas.
Please take note that successful candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month contract with the service provider to be appointed by the Department of Tourism and deployed at the attractions sites closer to their residence. The programme wil be implemented for 12 months, the three (3) months will be for Theory Training and nine (9) months for Practical Training.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM CRITERIA
The applicant should:
- Be a South African citizen (Certified copy of an Identity Document).
- Be unemployed youth between the ages of 18 to 35.
- Be in a possession of matric certificate or any equivalent qualifications.
- Be literate and conversant in English.
- Added qualifications in tourism or environmental related fields will be an added advantage.
- Stay within a 28km radius of the attractions/ sites.
- Proof of residence will be required, (e.g.) municipality bill or letter from a tribal authority or ward councillor.
- Be able to work flexible hours (e.g.) weekend, public holiday and as-and-when required.
- Have a passion or interest in the tourism sector.
- Not more than one (1) leamer per household.
- No affidavits will be accepted as proof of residence; and
- No faxed or emailed applications / documents will be accepted.
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) together with certified copies of qualifications, identity document, and proof of residence not older than three (3) months. Please use this link to SA Youth landing page: https://sayouth.mobi/Join (Datafree)
APPLICATION ENQUIRIES: Call centre number: 0800 7272 72
CLOSING DATE: 10 NOVEMBER 2023