What is a Talent Pool?
In simplest terms, a talent pool is a database of candidates that have already been deemed qualified for particular positions and who can be offered roles as soon as they become available.
What does this mean for you?
It’s good news because it means, you will still go through the recruitment process (assessments, role plays and interviews) and if you meet our minimum criteria, will be next in line for consideration as soon as we require more staff.
You will remain as an active candidate on our database and we will update you on progress on a monthly basis.
To deliver world class service to all Discovery Health Members, Providers, Employer groups, Hospitals, and Brokers by supporting and fully resolving their queries through various servicing channels, primarily over the telephone.
To effectively manage the risk of in-hospital admissions by using your clinical knowledge and integrating this with your understanding of the benefits of the scheme and ensuring accurate information regarding funding
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
- Confirming benefits according to set protocols and funding rules
- Accurately obtaining and capturing information to confirm correct funding
- Servicing all key stakeholders telephonically and via other servicing channels until the query has been resolved
- Servicing key stakeholders in a customer centric way to ensure that we live by our service principles
- Keeping up to date with product changes and benefits to ensure that all key stakeholders are accurately serviced
- Continuously staying abreast of all digital servicing tools within the business and ensuring that the functionality is fully understood
- Achieving and exceeding key performance metrics relating to service delivery
- Keeping abreast of continuous process, product updates and digital tools
- Dealing with multiple interactions
- Consistently utilizing all servicing tools available
Competencies and Skills
- Following instruction and procedures (Self-development)
- Analysing (Managing Complexity)
- Learning and Researching (Nimble Learning)
- Presenting and communicating information (Communicating effectively)
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations (Customer focus)
- Deciding and initiating action (Decision Quality)
- Working with people (Collaborating)
- Writing and reporting (Communicating effectively)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Time Management
- Verbal and written communication
Personal Attribute and Skills:
- Customer Centric
- Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology
- Time Management
Education and Experience
- South African accredited Clinical Qualification
- At least 6 months working experience in a customer services or clinical environment