Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa
Salary: R147 03 per annum
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: Eastern Cape Department of Education
The Eastern Cape Department of Education (ECDOE) invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Security Officer Vacancies (X8 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 27th November 2023
POSTS: SECURITY OFFICERS X8
- Salary Notch: R147 03 per annum (Salary level 3)
- Basic Security officers’ course and basic education and training.
- Good communication skills, good customer care.
- An understanding of Public Service principles.
- Knowledge of the access control procedures, Knowledge of measures for the control and movement of equipment stores.
- Knowledge of prescribed security procedures and the authority of security officers under these documents, Acknowledge and accept of responsibility.
- Promote welfare of learners and motivate learners to build self-esteem.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal skills) and a good command of English language.
- Has a responsibility to identify officers /employees, learners and visitors.
- Draw up menu under the guidance of the School Management Team.
- Patrol school grounds, buildings and fenced off areas.
- Escort visitors to the premises where necessary.
- Ensure that facilities, premises vehicles learners and staff are safe.
- Assist in the implementation of school safety policy.
- Apply basic communication skills in interacting with the children.
- Keep the necessary visitors register.
- Issue admission control cards to visitors and receive them back.
- Good communication skills and Good Customer Care.
- Open gates on arrival and departure of visitors at the Institution.
- Check supplies, articles and objects where necessary before allowing visitors in.
- Have patience and willingness to support learners unconditionally Promote and uphold the rights of children Report on breakages, theft and damages to school property to the Principal /School Management Team (SMT).
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Hand in your application, stating the relevant reference number to the School as indicated on the link below:
CLOSING DATE: 27 NOVEMBER 2023