Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Salary: R 9 531,55. (Basic salary, excluding benefits)
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: City of Joburg’s Pikitup
The City of Joburg’s Pikitup invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Permanent General Worker Positions (X300 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 13th December 2023
POSTS: GENERAL WORKERS (X300)
- Department: Operations
- Location: Various Depots
- Reporting to: Team Leader
To carry out relevant cleaning and/or refuse bin delivery-related tasks. These tasks can include any one or more of Street Cleaning, Stacking, Sweeping, Lane Flushing, Carcass Removal and/or Bin Deliveries and other general duties.
- Street Cleaning and Sweeping.
- Collect all material and equipment needed to perform the day’s work
- Clean designated area/streets using a broom and shovel and place refuse in bags.
- Transport refuse bags to pavement using a trolley.
- Clean all bins.
- Report all incidences relating to safety, equipment and injuries to team leaders.
- Report complains and queries to the team leaders.
- Begin litter picking (including pavements) in same area, once street has been swept and cleaned.
- Litter pick one side of the street first and then the other side, using appropriate tools (bag and trolley); cleaning all litter: Clean one side at a time – do not criss-cross streets.
- Liaise with members of the public, service users and officials of other departments, ensuring prompt resolution of complaints and queries.
- Draw out the correct number of bags from the store and distribute them accordingly.
- Get acquainted with the designated area.
- Distribute bags to consumers, according to services.
- Collect refuse bags and place them on the trolley for stacking
- Proceed to stacking point and offload bags; ensuring bag opening faces the road and bags are stacked in prescribed manner.
- Clear all spillage when bag breakage occurs.
- Stack all refuse bags and remove boxes.
- Collect new/replacement bins from central stores and load them on to the bin delivery truck.
- Check/ report damaged refuse bins before leaving central stores.
- Make an entry into the bin delivery register of all the refuse bin serial numbers.
- Offload new/replacement refuse bins at place of delivery. Collect damaged refuse bin(s) in exchange for the bin being delivered and load them onto the delivery truck.
- Ensure that customers sign for the delivery and are issued with a copy of delivery receipt.
- Repeat procedure until all refuse bins scheduled for delivery are delivered.
- Ensure daily tasks are completed
- And any other tasks as may be delegated by the supervisor
- Grade 10
- Must be physically and mentally fit
- No criminal record
- Must be South African
- Police Clearance
- Reside within City of Johannesburg
- 12 months relevant or similar experience
- Knowledge of relevant tools, equipment and procedures
- Understanding of relevant legislation; knowledge of relevant company procedures.
Applicants must submit their CV together with certified copies of identity document, qualifications and police clearance.
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Kindly apply by using the link below:
CLOSING DATE: 13 DECEMBER 2023