Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: Agricultural Research Council (ARC)
The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Payroll Administrator Vacancy. The closing date for applications is the 16th October 2023
POST: PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Capture new employees, leave and terminations, maternity leave calculations as per policy.
- Employee movements, Terminations, Retirements, Dismissals and Transfer of employee from one entity to another and retrenchments.
- Process changes to medical aid, trade unions, and retirement funds.
- Review and ensure accuracy of input advice to payroll and batch processing.
- Ensure that the employee changes are captured correctly and timeously.
- Prepare the salary payment files for different pay periods in the month.
- Do month end processes, which includes month end payments.
- Prepare, review and issue monthly, bi-monthly and weekly variance reports.
- Print payslips and IRP5s to ESS and InfoSlips, help the employees with related queries.
- Monthly reconciliation of payroll accounts.
- Help with year-end processes.
- Liaise with HR personnel with employee payroll related matters.
- Filling and safe keeping of employee records
- Diploma in Payroll Administration or related qualification in Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant payroll experience.
- Experience in Sage 300 People would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of financial concepts and payroll legislation, e.g., Income Tax, BCEA, Pension Fund Rules and Medical Schemes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- Good team player.
- Excellent skill using MS Word, Excel and Internet Explorer.
Applications accompanied by covering letter, detailed CV (Including certificates, supporting documents, copy of driver’s license and nationality. NB: Non-RSA citizens and work permit holders must attach certified copies, as well as the names and particulars of three (3) traceable referees.
Closing Date: 16/10/2023