Location: Rustenburg, North West
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Permanent
Company Name: De Beers Group of Companies/ Anglo American
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Follow work instructions.
- Ensure proper understanding of the required actions.
- Apply recognized work and security standards.
- Conduct allocated patrols or checkpoint duties.
- Patrol on foot or vehicle as applicable.
- Gather information that could support risk management.
- Respond to alarms and take appropriate action.
- Perform and enforce access controls.
- Support risk management.
- Ensure that security tasks are completed to required quality standards.
- When a security issue is observed take appropriate action.
- Effectively use allocated equipment.
- Identify and report all irregularities to Supervisor.
- Effective two-way communications with team members and visitors.
- Report to supervisor on completion of task.
- Promote security awareness.
- Maintains facilities, equipment and personal image.
- Support effective teamwork.
- Participate in required meetings.
- Accurately complete role administration requirements.
- Gathers information on crime and risks.
- Arrest all identified transgressors.
- Give evidence during disciplinary enquiries or criminal cases.
This role is at a B2 level reporting to the Senior Patrolperson.
- Grade 12
- Registered with PSIRA grade C
- Driver’s License will be advantageous
N.B Kindly upload all relevant certificates to your application. We will unfortunately not consider applications that don’t have supporting documents
Experience within the security industry will be advantageous
Knowledge and Skills
- No criminal record
- Pass polygraph test
- Communications in English (spoken, written and reading)
- Certificate of fitness
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet? That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process
Closing Date: 28/09/2023