Location: Kathu, South Africa
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Learnership
Company Name: Anglo American
Anglo American invites suitably qualified Unemployed South African Youth to apply for their Mining Learnership. The closing date for applications is the 9th October 2023
Our eighteen-month Mining Learnership Programme is an enrichment programme for the community on Trackless Mobile Machinery (TMM) and will enable you to develop skills with classroom and on-the-job training in surface mining.
This Program will enable you to maximise your potential along with a tailored plan to provide you with a future to make a difference. As you progress through your mining learnership programme, we will help you discover your real capability and develop your skills as a future Drilling or Blasting Assistant and/or various Trackless Mobile Equipment.
To qualify for the Learnership you must have the following:
- Full Grade 12 / Technical N3 with Mathematics Literacy or Mathematics. Physical Science will be advantageous.
- A valid South African Driver’s License.
- Successfully pass medical-job-fit assessments (RFA)
- Ability to obtain or be in possession of a valid Sishen VTS / DOVER)
- The mining learnership will only commence after successfully obtaining VTS (Dover) / RFA and obtaining a Fitness Certificate.
- A stipend/allowance per month, for duration of programme
- 18 -24 month’s skills programme inclusive of experiential learning
- MQA Certificate after competency declaration to add to skills
- Personal Protective Equipment
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to youth between the ages 18 and 35, from all racial groups.
Closing Date: 09/10/2023