Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Salary: R68 461 per annum
Job Type: 18 Months
Company Name: City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Metro Police, Traffic and Law Enforcement Training (X1000 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 11th October 2023
The City is embarking on a drive to train 1000 recruits on a 18 month fulltime Learnership Program in Road Traffic Law Enforcement and Metro Police. This forms part of the City of Cape Town’s commitment in addressing the high levels of unemployment in our youth, as well as providing the necessary opportunities for skills enhancement.
- Grade 12 qualification
- Must be deemed medically and physically fit (as per below requirements)
- Valid Code B Driving Licence
- Must be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No Criminal Record
- Applicants must permanently reside within the jurisdiction of Cape Town
- 4 km run (Males 12:30 minutes and Females 16:00 minutes)
- Push-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Sit-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
NOTE: CANDIDATES WILL:
- Be required to pass a written assessment and an interview
- Be required to pass a physical assessment
- Be required to submit their fingerprints or identity numbers for checking criminal records. No other criminal clearances will be acceptable
- Be required to undergo a City medical evaluation
- Be required to undergo a compulsory drug test at a City testing venue and continuous random drug tests thereafter
- Be required to undergo continuous psychological assessment
- Be required to maintain levels of fitness and undergo ongoing fitness assessments
- Candidates will be subject to the code of Conduct of the Metropolitan Police Training Academy, as well as the pass requirements stipulated by the Academy and in line with relevant unitstandards
- Be contractually bound to refund the City following: unilateral withdrawal; failure to complete the course for disciplinary reasons or other.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Applicants must apply on-line via eRecruitment.
Please note that no hard copy or emailed applications will be accepted. In order to apply on-line, applicants must first create an e-Services Account on the City of Cape Town Website. www.capetown.gov.za
On-line applications must include the submission:
- A certified copy of your South African Identity Document (no affidavits will be accepted)
- A recently certified copy of matric certificate
Applicants may use any computer with internet access to apply. Smart phones are not compatible with this on-line application process and cannot be used to apply.
Closing Date: 11/10/2023