Closing Date: Not Specified
Internship: Insurance Agent
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
About Discovery Insure
Discovery Insure is committed to creating a nation of great drivers. Our commitment is backed up by our innovation and a driving program that really works.
At Discovery Insure, we offer comprehensive car and home insurance with no excess on theft, hail, hijacking and malicious damage. With our driver behavior program, Vitalitydrive, clients get great rewards and benefits for driving well.
Discovery Insure is an environment of individuals who are committed to dazzling clients, innovation and great people.
Key Purpose of the role
To take guided ownership of business requirements expected from Distribution Operations. This includes but is not limited to conducting broker fee audits for tied agents, data analysis, writing of SOP or business requirements, compiling reports, documentation of action items in meetings and general operations administration.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Solving ad-hoc analytical problems
- Data analysis
- Compiling reports
- Writing business documents
- Conduct audits
- Working on general requests as expected from Distribution Operations
- Matric / Grade 12 is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, commerce, science, data analysis, information technology, insurance.
Specific Skills & Knowledge
- Data Analysis.
- Communication verbal and written
- Diagnostic Information Gathering.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Business Intelligence
- Insurance experience is advantages
Role Specific Behaviours and Attributes
- Deciding and initiating action
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Writing and Reporting
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- No previous internship and or graduate programme in any industry or government institution
- No work experience (Essential)
- Between the ages of 18 – 30 (Essential)
- You must be a South African Citizen by Birth or by naturalization before the 27th April 1994.