Location: South Africa
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: Public Service Sector Education and Training Authority (PSETA)
The Public Service Sector Education and Training Authority (PSETA) invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their ICT Officer Vacancy. The closing date for applications is the 9th November 2023
POST: ICT OFFICER FIXED TERM POSITION UNTIL 31 MARCH 2030
To monitor, maintain and provide support services in respect of the computer systems and networks of the PSETA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, configures, monitors and maintains the computer hardware and software operating systems, networks and applications.
- Provides advice and support services on requirements, pertaining to the procurement of appropriate ICT infrastructure and applications, systems and networks (incl. the adaptation / changes thereto and roll-out).
- Gathers and analyses changing requirements of users and the development of effective and feasible ways to contribute to user satisfaction.
- Diagnoses and rectifies hardware / software faults.
- Co-manages the PSETA website
- Operates within controls and procedures in order to ensure the integrity of PSETA.
- Identifies and reports risks or areas of concern to management within own department and area of responsibility.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and procedures to prevent fruitless, wasteful and irregular expenditure.
- Contributes to the budget preparation process.
- Promotes and communicates the effective, efficient, economical and transparent use of financial and other resources.
- Monitors and controls expenditure against budget and ensure spending occurs within budgetary limits and PSETA financial guidelines, report deviations to direct Manager.
- Explores opportunities to control and reduce costs.
- Maintains effective working relationships with customers (both internal and external) towards rendering highest quality of services.
- Represents PSETA in meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Identifies and solves problems creatively whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity in line with PSETA core values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- National Diploma in IT / ICT / Network Support/ICT Security or related fields (NQF 6)
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT / ICT / Network Support/ICT Security or related fields (NQF 7) would be an added advantage.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification would be an added advantage.
- At least +3 years’ relevant experience in administration/management of ICT network infrastructure.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with O365, SharePoint, and cloud infrastructure.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with virtual machines, e.g., VMware or HyperV
If you meet the above-mentioned requirement, kindly submit your application online at or send a detailed CV, Certified copies of Qualifications, and a covering letter to the Human Resource Department via e-mail to recruitictofficer@pseta,org.za, with the subject line: PSETA: ICT Officer.
CLOSING DATE: 09 NOVEMBER 2023