Salary: R9, 600 p/m
Location: South Africa (Various Major Cities)
A Hotel Front Desk Clerk is the first point of contact for guests arriving at a hotel. They play a crucial role in providing exceptional customer service by assisting guests with check-in and check-out, addressing inquiries, and ensuring a smooth and pleasant stay.
- Greet guests with a warm and welcoming demeanor upon arrival.
- Assist guests with the check-in and check-out processes efficiently and accurately.
- Register guests and assign rooms, providing them with room keys and necessary information.
- Answer phone calls, emails, and inquiries from guests regarding reservations, amenities, and local attractions.
- Provide guests with information about hotel services, facilities, and policies.
- Handle guest requests and special accommodations, such as room changes or additional services.
- Process payments, including cash, credit card, and other forms of payment, and provide guests with receipts.
- Keep the front desk area clean, organized, and well-stocked with informational materials.
- Manage reservations, cancellations, and room availability in the hotel’s booking system.
- Assist with guest luggage and transportation arrangements as needed.
- Handle guest concerns, complaints, or issues professionally and promptly, seeking resolutions.
- Maintain knowledge of local attractions, restaurants, and events to make recommendations to guests.
- Collaborate with other hotel staff, including housekeeping and maintenance, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follow hotel security and safety procedures, including verifying guest identities and maintaining guest confidentiality.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as guest check-in records, billing, and room assignment logs.
- Grade 12; additional education in hospitality is a plus.
- Previous experience in customer service or a similar role is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer systems and hotel booking software.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Hotel Front Desk Clerks often receive on-the-job training to become familiar with the hotel’s specific policies and procedures.
- This role requires a customer-focused approach and the ability to handle various guest requests and situations with courtesy and efficiency.
As a Hotel Front Desk Clerk, your role is pivotal in creating a positive first impression for guests and ensuring their stay at the hotel is comfortable and enjoyable. Your exceptional customer service skills and attention to detail contribute to the overall guest experience.
To Apply to this job send an e-mail to email@example.com