Job Type: Full-Time
Company: DHL Group
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world’s leading logistics and mail company. We’re one of the world’s largest employers, operating in over 220 countries and territories. We’re Europe’s largest postal service, partner for eCommerce and pioneers in secure digital communication. We’re number one in contract logistics and international express delivery, and a leader in the forwarding business.
Join us and you’ll be working for a global company that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability, and using the power of global trade to connect people and improve lives. And not just for our Customers, but for every member of our Group too.
This is a busy, fast paced operation which offers many challenges and opportunities for the right person. These positions are based at Boksburg site, Gauteng.
- Receive instructions from the Warehouse Supervisor to which truck to off load
- De-stack pallets to ensure correct pallet configuration and quantities
- Ensure each pallets is stack as per correct batch code and expiry date
- Identify any items that are damaged and advise the Inbound Checker
- Ensure housekeeping in Inbound receiving area is up to standard
- Demonstrates a positive and respectful attitude towards others behaves in a honest, open and trustworthy manner
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Delivers excellent customer service
- Works safely within the health, safety and environmental guidelines and insists others do the same
- Grade 12 / Matric – Essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Good problem solver
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work within a rapidly changing environment
- Working knowledge of packaging and warehousing methods
- Ability to read, understand and follow instructions
- Ability to count accurately and to perform simple math calculations
- Warehouse experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- English – verbal and written.
CLOSING DATE: 23 FEBRUARY 2024