Location: Limpopo, South Africa
Basic Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: Anglo American
Anglo American invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Permanent General Miner Vacancies. The closing date for applications is the 24th January 2024
The General Miner has a legal accountability for construction blasting in terms of the MHSA and will be required to contribute and assist the mining team with the execution of all tasks relating to the role. The role for a General Miner is varied in the mining structure from moving men, material and ore to construction within the mining domain.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Ensure that the working areas are safe through inspections.
- Ensure that safety and mining standards are adhered to.
- Ensure that up to date operating standards and procedures are communicated, applied and understood by the team.
- Manage explosives and prepare blasting area to standard to ensure safe effective blasting.
- Monitor and correct the process regularly to ensure conformance to and understanding of standards.
- Continuously liaising with supervisors and team
- Continues liaison with the Shift Supervisor or Shaft Foreman in relation to operations and maintenance activities
- Compile an accurate shift report and forms to record operational progress and material orders
- Ensure that required job instructions and checklists are available to the team members
- Grade 10
- National Certificate NQF Level 3 Rock Breaker or Valid Blasting Certificate for underground (Hard Rock)
- 1 to 3 years’ experience as a Miner /Crew Captain
- Trackless mining experience will be advantageous
- If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Test
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
CLOSING DATE: 24 JANUARY 2024