Location: South Africa
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: Joe Gqabi District Municipality
The Joe Gqabi District Municipality invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Fire Brigade Reservists (X12 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 14th October 2023
The Joe Gabi District Municipality hereby seeks to appoint a pool of Fire Brigade Reservists in line with the provisions of the Fire Brigade Act, 99 of 1987 Section 6 (a)(1) — (5). The enlistment of a Fire Brigade Reservist will automatically lapse after the expiry of the twelve-month period.
POST: 12 X FIRE BRIGADE RESERVISTS
Reservists called up for active duty and/or official training will be remunerated/compensated per completed shift based on the minimum wage applicable within the local government sector or alternatively on a pro- rata basis if the period worked is less than one month. No other benefits will be applicable.
CONDITIONS AND ELIGIBILITY:
Only unemployed applicants residing within the area of jurisdiction of the Joe Ggabi District will be considered for enlistment on the database. It must be noted that enlistment as a reservist does not create an employment relationship or expectation of permanent appointment to the Joe Gqabi District Municipality. Eligibility to remain a reservist will be reviewed on an annual basis.
DESIRED ENLISTMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Fire Fighter 1 Certificate
- Fire Fighter 2 Certificate
- Hazmat Awareness Certificate
- Hazmat Operations Certificate
- Valid First Aid Level 3 Certificate or Registered BAA added as advantage
- Knowledge and basic comprehension of fire regulations and codes.
- Knowledge of relevant Council policies and relevant registration
- A valid driver’s licence (a minimum code B will be an added advantage.
- Atleast 6 months Fire Station experience.
- Willingness to work shifts and long hours when required.
- Must be willing to be stationed anywhere within the jurisdiction of JGDM when required.
- Must be mentally sound, physically fit and healthy.
- Ability and willingness to respond to all emergency calls.
- Ability and willingness to attend special services/duties.
- Cleaning of station, vehicles and equipment.
- Writing of relevant reports.
- Performing of control room duties.
- All duties as stipulated in the SOP’s and as required by the Incident Management System (IMS)
- Any reasonable instruction by a supervisor.
- Willingness to engage in Shift work.
- Any other duties as reasonably delegated by management and as outlined in the job description linked to this position.
Kindly submit a detailed CV together with a prescribed application form and relevant valid certificates and documents to the attention of the Manager: Human Resources. No faxed, emailed or late applications will be accepted. Canvassing and/or lobbying of a Councillor and officials will not be accepted and non-compliance thereof shall immediately disqualify any applicant.
Applications should be sent to:
ATTENTION: MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES AND LABOUR RELATIONS
Mr. M.P Nonjola, Municipal Manager, Corner Cole and Graham Street, Private Bag X 102, BARKLY EAST, 9786
Closing Date: 29/09/2023