Location: South Africa
Salary: R150 663 – R202 697 Per Year
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: South African National Parks (SANPARKS)
The South African National Parks (SANPARKS) invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Control Room Operator Vacancies (X4 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 25th October 2023
POSTS: CONTROL ROOM OPERATORS (X4 POSTS)
A challenging vacancy currently exists for four (4) Control Room Operator Positions at Addo Elephant National Park.
- Attach certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
- A grade 12 certificate/NQF level 4.
- 2 Years experience as conservation law enforcement official/para-military operations
- Qualification in conservation studies will be an added advantage.
- Field ranger training/conservation training/para-military training certificate will be an added advantage.
- Computer Literacy certificate. An advanced computer skills certificate will be an added advantage.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Administrative and Record Keeping skills, the certificate will be an added advantage.
- A healthy person with high-level mental alertness is required in this position.
- The willingness to be based inside the park.
- No criminal record.
- Monitor organization security systems- including but not limited to the access control and CCTV systems
- Receive notifications of security incidents and issues from all organization personnel
- Relay notifications of incidents, issues, etc. to the appropriate leadership positions
- Interface with conservation law enforcement to coordinate incident responses
- Dispatch conservation/law enforcement/security officers to investigate alarms and respond to incidents, escalate as procedure states and to the best of own judgment
- Notify emergency services when external response is required; coordinate with security to ensure services have immediate access to the space
- Monitor the performance of security system elements and report deficiencies to Security Manager and organization senior personnel
- Coordinate communication between relevant role-players and stakeholders
- Command and Control support and facilitation of ground operations when incidents occur.
- Support ground operations in the park and at regional level where necessary
- Support conservation services, law enforcement, tourism services, technical department services, security services, scientific services etc.
- Track the location and activities of all rangers/field staff assigned to their shift
- Applies the appropriate professionalism, maturity, and tact to manage the incident
- Adheres to and always promotes organizational policies and procedures
- Communicates concerns, process improvement ideas, or other opportunities for improvement to the team
- Law enforcement by assisting with the control of visitors as well as staff and the assimilation, interpretation, and dissemination of information.
- To maintain law, order and discipline to staff members, communities, and guests.
- To maintain a high standard of administration.
- Inspection and cleanliness of operations room building and equipment.
Please send your application accompanied by a Cover letter stating the position clearly, Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of qualifications and ID document to:
South African National Parks, Human Resource Manager, Addo Elephant National Park, P O Box 52, ADDO, 6105. For attention: Ilze Jonker
CLOSING DATE: 25 OCTOBER 2023