contact centre consultant
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
By applying for this role, you are consenting to be placed in our Talent Pool for future recruitment, should we have met our recruitment numbers.
What is a Talent Pool?
In simplest terms, a talent pool is a database of candidates that have already been deemed qualified for particular positions and who can be offered roles as soon as they become available.
What does this mean for you?
It’s good news because it means, you will still go through the recruitment process (assessments, role plays and interviews) and if you meet our minimum criteria, will be next in line for consideration as soon as we require more staff.
You will remain as an active candidate on our database and we will update you on progress on a monthly basis.
To deliver world class service to all Discovery Health Members, Providers, Employer groups, and Brokers by supporting and fully resolving their queries through various channels, primarily over the telephone.
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
- Servicing all key stakeholders telephonically and via other servicing channels as required until the query has been resolved
- Servicing our members in a customer centric way to ensure that we live by our service principles
- Keeping up to date with product changes to ensure that all key stakeholders are accurately serviced
- Continuously staying abreast of all digital servicing tools within the business and ensuring that the functionality is fully understood
- Achieving and exceeding key performance metrics relating to service delivery
Competencies and Skills
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Presenting and communicating information
- Writing and reporting
- Deciding and initiating action
- Working with people
- Achieving personal work goals and setbacks
- Following instructions and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent administration skills;
- MS Office and PC literate
- Time Management
Personal Attribute and Skills:
- Customer Centric
Education and Experience
- Matric with Mathematics or Accounting minimum of 50%
- Having a achieved a minimum of 50% in English in Matric
- Basic MS Office Skills
- At least 12 months working experience in a customer services environment
- The Business Writing Skill
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.