Location: Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
Salary: R 241 485 P/A
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: CoGTA
The KwaZulu Natal Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (CoGTA) invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Community Development Worker Posts (X50 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 29th December 2023
POST TITLE: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WORKER (50 POSTS)
- Directorate: Community Development Work Programme (CDWP)
The ideal candidate must be in possession of a minimum Grade 12. (A qualification in Community Development Work will be an added advantage) experience in Community Development Work, including but not limited to volunteering in community development projects and practices.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
The successful candidate must have:
- Basic knowledge of government processes
- Good interpersonal skills and must be sensitive towards the communities where they will be rendering services
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to act tactfully and with discretion.
The successful candidates will be required to liaise, co-ordinate, mobilise, inform and assist communities with access to services provided by Government and to assist communities to identify and communicate their needs to Government at National, Provincial and Local Government level to bring government closer to the people with the following key responsibilities:
- Inform and assist communities with access to the services provided by government structures
- Determine the needs of communities and communicate these needs to the relevant government structures
- Promote networks and enhance the activities of existing local governance structures and other stakeholders (CBW, NGO’s, etc) aimed at improved service delivery
- Compile reports and documents as required, on progress, issues attended to, actions taken and outcomes
- Keep records of all services rendered by government and the processes and mechanisms to access those services.
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Applications to be posted to:
The Chief Director, Human Resource Management & Development, Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag X9078, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
owing email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may also visit any one of our Designated Online Application Centres (DOACS) where our friendly staff will assist you with applying online or receiving your hardcopy application. You can find the list of Designated Online Application Centres (DOACS) at www.kznonline.gov.za/kznjobs
ENQUIRIES: Ms B Hlela Tel. 033 3556348
CLOSING DATE: 29 DECEMBER 2023