Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Salary: R 251 283 per annum (within the OSD Framework) (plus 37 % in lieu benefits)
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: Department of Social Development
The Gauteng Department of Social Development invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their Community Development Practitioner Vacancies (X15 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 17th November 2023
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PRACTITIONER (10 MONTHS CONTRACT) X15
- Reference Number: REFS/019199
- Directorate: Sustainable livelihood
- Location: Head Office (Placement in Tshwane, Sedibeng, Ekurhuleni, West Rand and Johannesburg Regions)
- An appropriate three-year tertiary qualification.
- Knowledge of community development work, skills, attitudes and values of communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of human behaviour and social systems and legislation to assist with interventions at the points where people interact with their environments in order to promote self-empowerment.
- The ability and competence to co-ordinate community development structures and ability to manage projects.
- The ability to influence individuals and group to participate in their own self-empowerment ventures.
- The understanding of social dynamics of communities.
Skills and Competencies:
Honesty and Integrity, innovative individual, through to details. Team working, interpersonal relations, analytical, report writing, planning and co-ordinating skills
- Identify and facilitate the implementation of integrated community development interventions in partnership with the community and other relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with all relevant role players, internal and external and stakeholders (e.g. in departments/provinces, NGOs, local community structures and faith-based organisations) to facilitate collaboration and to establish partnerships to ensure the sustainability of development actions within the community.
- Support communities and perform administrative support on community development and related activities.
- Keep up to date with new developments in the community development field to enhance service delivery
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
To apply for the positions, please apply online at https://jobs.gauteng.gov.za/Login/Login.aspx
ENQUIRIES: ST Mmakola 011 227 0250
CLOSING DATE: 17 NOVEMBER 2023