Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Salary: R125 373 per annum
Job Type: Full Time
Company Name: Department of Water and Sanitation
The Department of Water and Sanitation invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for their cleaner vacancies (X2 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 10th November 2023
POST 39/106: CLEANER REF NO: 101123/09 (X2 POSTS)
- SALARY: R125 373 per annum (Level 02)
- CENTRE: Roodeplaat, Resource Quality Information Services
- An ABET certificate or relevant qualification.
- Cleaning experience in the laboratory will serve as an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning principles.
- Basic knowledge of chemical use e.g., dilution/mixing.
- Understanding of cleaning equipment used.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of record keeping.
- Basic understanding and applying of laboratory safety rules.
- Basic understanding of applying or using chemicals correctly.
- Good communication and interpersonal relations.
- Clean laboratory and equipment.
- Remove all laboratory waste according to procedures.
- Clean glass and plastic ware according to procedures.
- Remove and connect gas cylinders.
- Complete relevant forms to ensure traceability of laboratory activities.
- Stock taking of cleaning materials.
- Requesting cleaning materials as and when needed.
- Clean storerooms, kitchen, offices, corridors, and boardrooms any other environment allocated for cleaning.
- Emptying waste bins. Prepare boardrooms for meetings.
- Arrange crockery, utensils and cutlery required during meetings.
- Wash and keep stock of crockery, utensils, and cutlery.
- Fill and refill drinking water containers. Clean rest rooms.
- Refill hand wash liquid and toilet papers.
- Report broken machines and equipment.
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Applications should be submitted at:
The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X350, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to Delta Continental Building, Corner of Visagie and Bosman Street, Pretoria, 0001
ENQUIRIES: Ms J. Lekekiso Tel No: (012) 808 9750
CLOSING DATE: 10 NOVEMBER 2023